Faculty of Architecture and Academy of Fine Arts in Sarajevo
Born in Mostar in 1929. Graduated from the Technical Faculty, Department for Architecture, in Sarajevo in 1958. Full professor since 1985. Professor Emeritus at the Faculty of Architecture in Sarajevo and at the Academy of Fine Arts in Sarajevo since 2001. Full member of the Academy of Sciences and Arts of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Major realized buildings: Hotel Ruža, Mostar, 1975; Hotel Bregava, Stolac, 1975; Šerefudin – The White Mosque, Visoko, 1979; Gorica Residence of the President of the Socialist Federative Republic of Yugoslavia, Bugojno, 1979; Vučko mountain hotel on Jahorina Mountain, 1983; Plehan Religious and Cultural Centre, Plehan (with N. Ugljen-Ademović), 2005; Catholic Chapel in Plehan (with N. Ugljen-Ademović), 2010. Has had 15 solo exhibitions and participated in 9 group exhibitions at home and abroad. Has won eight awards in the field of architecture, among which the most significant is the Aga Khan Award for Architecture in 1983. Corresponding member of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, and the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
About the project Saint Anthony on Calvary Hill you can read in Oris 114